Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay

Surfing through Pandora the other day I stumbled across a song that really struck me as special and timeless. I call it timeless because it has been around since 1966, and unfortunately it took me until 2011 to find, purchase and appreciate it. For those like me who are new to Otis Redding, he is a staple of southern soul, more specifically from Georgia. The song I downloaded was titled, "The Dock of the Bay" and it has to do with his childhood on the water. It is peaceful, charged and beautiful all at the same time. The song only cost 0.99 cents, and the depth of soul is worth the price. At least that's my opinion; please feel free to tell me what your view on Otis Redding is. Check out this song, and hopefully you'll love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment