Monday, February 7, 2011

Muscial Discovery - Stephen Marley

I was searching iTunes the other day and found a song by Stephen Marley, son of the legendary Bob Marley. I felt that it really sounded just like his father, and is as close as we will ever get to new authentic Bob Marley. The song was titled "Mind Control" and it was produced by Universal Records as part of the Mind Control album, which contains 11 tracks. The song was $1.29, and I give it a 5 star rating for it's creativity, wordplay, and musical likeness to classic Reggae/Ska work.  Another song on this album that I really enjoy is Iron Bars, and it talks about Apartheid in South Africa. He is in the process right now of creating a new album, and we'll wait and see if his next production matches his last.


Own this song or album? Let me know if you like it

2 comments:

  1. Although I don't download a lot of music or apps, I still think this could be a very interesting blog. Your "About Me" section gave us a good idea of how much you enjoy these downloads. However, I feel like this first post could have been more detailed since you didn't really say that much. Is that Stephen Marley's only song, or does he have other songs too. Also, you forgot to put in a blog description. Overall, this blog has potential, but you could have said more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the topic of this blog, because I myself and constantly using my Ipod touch. I think the About me section really summed up your reasoning for writing this blog. The first post looks a little short, but I think that with this topic, you will most likely have a large quantity of short posts. Unfortunately the blog does not have a description, but I feel like your "About Me" section gives a good idea of what the blog is about.

    ReplyDelete